BRING IT HOME
Adaptations Dance Theater's annual summer dance concert
that brings home dance artists with ties to Hawai'i
Save the date for Bring it Home 2019!
August 2-4 at Seabury Hall’s A’ali’ikuhonua Creative Arts Center
One of the driving goals of ADT has been to sustain and contribute to the art movement in Hawai'i by offering a home to professional contemporary dancers, as well as create an outlet through which world-renowned dance can be regularly experienced by the local community. Through Bring it Home, ADT hopes to inspire a culturally-dynamic and continually growing community of dance on Maui by bringing home professional dancers to share their gifts with the community that raised them, as well as giving performance opportunities to dynamic, professional Maui resident artists.
Stay tuned for information regarding Bring it Home 2019. Read below for program details of our previous dance concerts.
All photos by Ajja DeShayne
Bring it Home 2018
Summer Dance Concert, July 6 & 7
The 3rd Annual Bring it Home dance concert featured returning guest choreographers Ali McKeon and Nathaniel Hunt; as well as returning guest artist Katie Istvan from the 2016 cast. Ashley Krost and Emily McKeon flew in from their college dance programs in California to join Maui resident dancers Amelia Couture, Cady Cox, Jen Cox, Nicole Humphrey, Hallie Hunt, Nicole D. Yezzi and ADT apprentice Jessica Bartlett to complete the BiH 2018 cast.
- Hawai‘i Premiere of "Playground", choreographed by Ali McKeon, in collaboration with the dancers.
- World Premiere of "the others", choreographed by Nathaniel Hunt
- World Premiere of "It Has No Permanent Shape", choreographed by Hallie Hunt, in collaboration with the dancers.
See the full Bring it Home 2018 program (here) including the list of gracious individuals, businesses, and community partners whose support made this year’s event possible.
BRING IT HOME 2017
Summer Dance Concert, June 23 & 24
The 2nd Annual Bring it Home dance concert featured guest artists from the mainland- Ali McKeon and Nathaniel Hunt. The concert included a cast of Maui resident dancers Angelynn Bair, Amelia Couture, Jen Cox, Nicole Humphrey, Hallie Hunt, Ashley Krost, Emily McKeon, and Nicole D. Yezzi.
- World Premier of "In Between Infinite", choreographed by Ali McKeon
- World Premier of "A Few Elements", choreographed by Hallie Hunt, Amelia Couture, with collaboration by Heather Booth
- World Premier of "p a t c h e d", choreographed by Nathaniel Hunt
BRING IT HOME 2016
Summer Dance Concert, June 5 & 6
The 1st Annual Bring it Home dance concert featured guest artists from the mainland- Ali McKeon, Katie Istvan, and Nathaniel Hunt. The concert included a cast of Maui resident dancers Hanna Claerbout, Amelia Couture, Jen Cox, Hallie Hunt, Emily McKeon, Will Spindler, and Nicole D. Yezzi.
- World Premier of "A Riot of Bones", choreographed by Amelia Couture with original score by composer Toby Couture
- ADT Repertoire of "Adaptations", choreographed by Hallie Hunt and Amelia Couture
- "So Lo", choreographed and performed by Nathaniel Hunt
Inspired to support Bring it Home? Please consider becoming a member of Adaptations Dance Theater.