BRING IT HOME
Adaptations Dance Theater's Annual Summer Dance Concert
Our annual dance concert "brings home" dancers and choreographers with close ties to Hawai'i as part of our mission to create a home on Maui for professional dancers, whether trained locally or abroad.
Join us for Bring it Home on July 6 & 7, 2018!
MISSION of BRING IT HOME:
One of the driving goals of ADT has been to sustain and contribute to the art movement in Hawai'i by offering a home to professional contemporary dancers, as well as create an outlet through which world-renowned dance can be regularly experienced by the local community. Through Bring it Home, ADT hopes to inspire a culturally-dynamic and continually growing community of dance on Maui by bringing home professional dancers to share their gifts with the community that raised them, as well as giving performance opportunities to dynamic, professional Maui resident artists.
BRING IT HOME 2017
Summer Dance Concert, June 23 & 24
The 2nd Annual Bring it Home dance concert featured guest artists from the mainland- Ali McKeon and Nathaniel Hunt. The concert included a cast of Maui resident dancers Angelynn Bair, Amelia Couture, Jen Cox, Nicole Humphrey, Hallie Hunt, Ashley Krost, Emily McKeon, and Nicole D. Yezzi.
- World Premier of "In Between Infinite", choreographed by Ali McKeon
- World Premier of "A Few Elements", choreographed by Hallie Hunt, Amelia Couture, with collaboration by Heather Booth
- World Premier of "p a t c h e d", choreographed by Nathaniel Hunt
BRING IT HOME 2016
Summer Dance Concert, June 5 & 6
The 1st Annual Bring it Home dance concert featured guest artists from the mainland- Ali McKeon, Katie Istvan, and Nathaniel Hunt. The concert included a cast of Maui resident dancers Hanna Claerbout, Amelia Couture, Jen Cox, Hallie Hunt, Emily McKeon, Will Spindler, and Nicole D. Yezzi.
- World Premier of "A Riot of Bones", choreographed by Amelia Couture with original score by composer Toby Couture
- ADT Repertoire of "Adaptations", choreographed by Hallie Hunt and Amelia Couture
- "So Lo", choreographed and performed by Nathaniel Hunt
Photos by Ajja DeShayne
Thank you to our Bring it Home 2017 business partners and sponsors:
Alexander Academy of Performing Arts; Ajja DeShayne Photography; Consuelo's Kitchen and Catering; DJ Lava; Fuzion Fit, Inc.; Jonathan Greenfield Desserts; Mana Foods; Maui Dance Project; Maui Floral; St. John's Episcopal Church; Tim Garcia Catering; Vitali-Tea Kombucha